Most days I can fight the urge to limit shopping to things I “need”, hearing my dad’s voice resounding “Is it a want, or a need?” every time I pick up a mint green geometric hanging planter. But then a copper toaster pops into my feed, and all hell breaks lose. Can I justify $250 for a two-slice toaster? Not today. But I can start lovingly at it, and these four other things until the stars align.
So what do I want to buy today?
- That damn cooper toaster: All I can think is that the toast that pops out of a copper toaster must taste like slices of clouds.
- Egg Coddler– It’s a tool I didn’t even know existed but watch the adorable video and I think you can agree with me that it is what’s missing from all of our lives.
- An Aeropress– As I dive deeper into the coffee world, devices like these become more necessary (yes, Dad, it’s a NEED). What magical liquid gold could this device produce? Who knows, but I can’t wait to find out.
- Stainless Steel Freezable Shot Glasses– Folks, it’s 90+ degrees outside, and they claim that shots “unfailingly go down smoother”. What more can you ask for on a day like today?
- Blaum Bros. Hellfyre Vodka– First, it’s vodka. Second, localish. Third, it’s booze that you can mix for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is technically meal planning.
Do you see what I (un)intentionally did here? I planned your weekend brunch, and the beginning to a beautiful invitation to day-drinking.